NET-MED Youth will support the celebration of World Radio Day in Morocco through a programme of activities organized in partnership with FMAS/E-Joussour, which will in turn federate the efforts of diverse associative radios in Ouarzazate, Salé, Khemisset, Marrakech, Casablanca and Rabat.
Activities will include:
- A cultural and sports competition: a football match in Casablanca on Sunday, 11 February, between a team of Moroccans and another one composed of players from sub-Saharan countries. The web radio Air du Mboa will cover this match, which will take place under the theme "Sports as a lever of social and cultural integration”.
- Actions highlighting the link between sport, radio and the adoption of the gender-sensitive approach in public policies (Interviews with female sports journalists and Paralympic Games Champions; development of radio programs on the theme "gender and sport", etc.
- Documentary radio reports on topics such as sport as a space for education on universal human values; promoting integration and tolerance; creative spaces benefiting disadvantaged groups; associative radios as a lever for promoting young sports talents; etc. (these reports will be produced by Sala Web Radio, Sawt Ouarzazate, Kech Radio, Radio Izarfane, and E-Joussour).
- Events focused on: i) Sharing the experience of Air du Mbowa radio in covering the African Nations Football Championship; ii) Associative radios and the promotion of Morocco's candidacy to host the 2026 Football World Cup; iii) Morocco’s qualification for the 2018 Football World Cup.
- Elaboration of a playlist composed of popular music (in Amazigh and Arab) in relation to the theme of sport, which will be broadcast throughout 13 February (World Radio Day).
- Sharing, among the participating radios, of the programmes broadcasted.
- Radio relay: Maghreb Celebration. A call will be launched for all associative radios in the Maghreb to the exchange programmes broadcasted on occasion of 2018 World Radio Day.
- Dissemination, through the websites of partner radios, of the World Radio Day content made freely available by UNESCO.
- Communication campaign focused on the celebration of the day (including visual supports, digital advertising, audiovisual spots, promos and jingles in Arabic, Amazigh and French, video documenting the programme of activities, etc.).